Tuesday, 22 January 2013

A Bargain Filled Day

I love a bargain as much as the next person... maybe more!

I go the the January sales every year with my Christmas money and vouchers in the hope of finding that amazing bargain. This year I have to say I was quite disappointed at the sales and couldn't see anything I really liked so I didn't buy anything. Yesterday I headed back to town to have another look 'just in case' and I'm glad I did. I'm not sure if the items I got weren't available then or if I was walking around with my eyes closed (which is quite possible) but I managed to find some amazing bargains.

Now I'm a firm believe in the fact a bargain is only if you need the thing your buying.

The first bargain I found was a gorgeous pair of Faith gladiator sandals in Debenhams reduced from £60 to £10! I couldn't believe it when I saw these beauties the only pair there and in my size!That's what I call lucky they will be perfect for the summer, well if we get one!


 This lovely Red herring bag was my second bargain also from Debenhams. It was again the only one left and was half price reduced from £35 to £17.50 now that's what I call a bargain. It is a big bag and has plenty of room for carrying around all my 'essential' items.

My friend told me about this style of top but as I have quite large hips(shrinking thanks to my diet) I assumed it would make them look bigger than they already are. I saw the top in Dorothy Perkins reduced from £22 to £8 and decided to try it on to see what it looked like. I was pleasantly surprised...It skimmed my hips making them look smaller! I was in love and of course bought it instantly.


Thanks to my diet I have gone from a size 16 to a size 12 and was in desperate need of some new jeans. I was trying to put off buying new clothes until I reach my target weight but I couldn't put it off any longer, I literally had nothing that fits. I don't often shop in Republic but I had vouchers and there was a sale on so I went in to have a little look. I saw a pair of colourful jeans (pictured above) that I thought would go with my purple bag so I picked them up to check how much they were £5 they were reduced to from £18. I didn't think you could buy a pair of jeans for £5! I used one of my vouchers to buy them and am hoping to get another couple of pairs of jeans to keep me going until I lose the last bit of weight.

I am a BIG lover of the website Hot UK Deals where members post deals for electric items, clothes, food and even codes you can use to reduce items online. It is amazing and if you don't already use it I would highly recommend it. I saw this fantastic deal on the website yesterday. A pair of Thundercat Converse which were reduced from £53 to £22.99 there was also a code available which reduced the shoes further to £11.49! for a pair of funky converse you can't go wrong.

What a bargain filled day
In total at the full price the items I bought should have cost me £188 the price I actually paid was  £51.99! I also had vouchers a £5 republic voucher and used my £100 Debenhams voucher which I bought for £65 this in effect means I got the above items for a grand total of £19.49! I'm over the moon and the sales have redeemed themselves in my eyes. I might even go and have another look.

Bargains For You!

If you would love your own pair of Thundercat Converse head over to the Schuh Website and when you get to the checkout enter the code: thundercatsho this will reduce the shoes to £11.49! The code could be removed or run out at any time so I would advise using it asap if you would like a pair.

There is also a fantastic deal on in Argos stores at the moment where you can buy 2 £10 gift cards for £15 or 2 £20 gift cards for £30! Debenhams, Next, House of Fraser, Boots, New look, Top man, Topshop, Button, Evans, Miss selfridge, Wallis, Waters tones, Clare's, Jd, Wh smith, Ticket master, Tk max, Sportify, National book tokens, Nandos, Starbucks, Pizza express, Pizza Hut, Cineworld, Dorothy Perkins. A fantastic deal! Details can be found on the Hot Uk Deals Website.

Have fun bargain hunting and if you find an amazing deal you know where I am!

18 comments:

  1. WOW you certainly know how to shop, some fab bargains there :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those purple Jeans, they are exactly the sort of thing that I love!
    The Latest from Beeauty Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too only problem is I have a little bit of weight still to lose before they fit nicely but a great incentive :)

      Delete
  3. I was also disappointed with the sales but my wife did get some bargains online, particularly with Office Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it wasn't just me and glad your wife managed to find some bargains nothing better than bargains :)

      Delete
  4. I like the purple bag it looks a bit Ted Baker.

    @yyesidolikecake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with that and love Ted Baker :)

      Delete
  5. Love the Faith Gladiator Sandals, can feel the sun on my face just looking at them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I'm just hoping we get a summer so I can actually wear them :L

      Delete
  6. You found some great bargains I really like those sandals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel I love bargain hunting and the sandals are my favourite bargain :)

      Delete
  7. welldone on all your bargains, and i will have to go have a look for more info about this gift card thing youve mentioned at the end!

    anna m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you can find the details here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/any-2-10-gift-cards-for-15-any-2-20-gift-cards-for-30-from-argos-instore-only-1451189#comments :)

      Delete
  8. I've got to get looking around for a bargain!!!! Schuh website have got some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Schuh have a slight addiction lol :)

      Delete
  9. Looks like you got some fabulous bargains and inspired me to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I love the Red Herring Bag, I never seem to be able to find fab bargains, must try harder!

    ReplyDelete